We have showed you how an Air Filter works now it’s time to learn how to change one #MidasServiceParts
Randburg Midas stocks service parts for all makes and models of cars so be sure to come and see us when your next service is due.
- Buy your air filter. Most air filters are pretty cheap. Between R50-R200. Swing by Randburg Midas and pick an air filter. Figuring out what air filter to get for your car is easy. First, you can check your owner’s manual, but let’s face it, you’ll probably forget to do that. Lucky for you, Randburg Midas has highly skilled staff who would be able to track down what the correct filter is for your car in no time. You just need to know the year, make, and model of your car, and they will be able to tell you what parts you need for your car.
- Open your hood and locate the air filter box. It’s the black plastic box sitting on top of or to the side of your engine. The filter box usually has a giant hose sticking out of its side.
- Open the air filter box and remove the dirty air filter. Opening an air filter box is a cinch. Just unclasp the big metal clips that hold the top down and open the box. Remove the dirty filter.
- Check the old air filter. Give your old filter a look over to see if it’s past its prime. Look inside the folds. See a lot of dirt and gunk? Time to replace it.
- Put in the new air filter. Place your filter in the filter box. Make sure it sits snuggly in the box. Close the top of the box and snap the clips.
That’s it. Your engine will no longer be gasping for air like a fish out of water.
Total time: about a minute.