How to braai the perfect steak by following these steps. You will be sure to impress your friends #NutsandBolts4Breakfast
For your braaing equipment speak to us at Midas Randburg | 191 Bram Fischer Drive, Randburg | 011 789-4411 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Even with the cold weather of late I still managed to braai this week and what I decided to do was braai massive pieces of rump steak or what some people call “Texas Steak”
It’s a very simple thing to cook a great steak but it’s just as easy to murder a great piece of meat. If you follow the simple instructions below you shouldn’t go wrong.
Serves 2 – prep: 2 minutes (1hr marinating if you must) – cook time: 6-8 mins
- 1 x 800g or LARGER Texas Steak, as South Africans we love our meat large.
- Sea Salt or a marinade of your choice if you must but these steaks just don’t need anything added
- 2 x potatoes to bake on the Braai
- Salads of your choice
- Preheat the braai to about 300°C (550°F)
- Get the Braai as hot as you can
- Ideally you need a lid to cook this way as this stops the flames from rising to high and just burning the meat
- Season the meat to your choice (see image below)
- If you are using a marinade, always give it at least an hour to absorb the spices
- Make sure that the meat is rested and not to cold, don’t cook straight from the fridge always let it come up to room temp
- The trick when cooking a steak is not to turn it to often, once on each side and the just a quick turn again to put those great diagonal burns in the meat.
- For a steak of this size 850g I cooked it only for 4 minutes on each side to get a medium rare steak. Add or subtract a minute on each side depending on if you want to go up or down the cooking scale. This usually works a treat for me, resulting in a steak landing on my plate just the way I want it.
- BIG TIP, always let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes after it comes off the braai so that it relaxes and reabsorbs the juices. Be patient and you will be rewarded.
Connect with us and share your photos of your goodies from Randburg Midas and tag #RandburgMidas